Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Postural Assessment and Corrective Exercise
The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to assess a client’s posture and movement capacity, identify joint dysfunctions and movement restrictions and plan and implement an effective corrective exercise strategy. During the qualification learners will cover the following:
- A deeper understanding of anatomy and physiology for human movement.
- How to assess client posture and identify specific joint movement dysfunction and muscle imbalances.
- How to develop corrective exercise strategies for managing posture ad movement dysfunction.
Scope of Practice
This qualification enables fitness professionals to work with clients who are apparently healthy and who have not been referred by a medical professional. Fitness professionals are able to identify and provide client specific exercise programmes to help correct poor posture and improve joint movement and muscular imbalances associated with normal everyday life / activities. Fitness professionals should not work with injured clients or offer sports massage unless also qualified in this discipline.
Learners must hold one of the following (or equivalent):
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy.
- Level 4 Strength and Conditioning.
Learners must complete all three mandatory units.
- Coursework / Project.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.
Learners may also progress onto qualifications in related sectors, for example, sports massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills needed to practise sports massage alongside practising as a fitness professional