Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Weight Management for Obese and Diabetic Clients
To train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to plan, conduct and review programmes to address the needs of clients with obesity and/or diabetes. Enabling them to support clients to change their eating behaviours to aid in the management of obesity and/or diabetes.
For the learner:
- To develop an understanding of the prevalence and classification of obesity and diabetes
- To be able to determine obesity-related health risk
- To understand the contributing factors that lead to the development of obesity and diabetes
- To apply appropriate training approaches to plan and design physical activity and exercise programmes for clients with obesity and/or diabetes.
- To understand how medications, psychological/sociological factors and co-morbidities affect an obese and/or diabetic client’s ability to exercise safely and effectively
- To be able to support clients to adopt healthier eating behaviours as part of a programme to manage obesity and/or diabetes
Progression: This qualification provides progression to further specialist qualifications at Level 4.
Learners must hold a Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral or equivalent.
Learners must complete the three mandatory units (16 credits).
- Portfolio of Evidence.