Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain
The aim of this qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to plan, conduct and review programmes to address the needs of clients with low back pain. Enabling them to support clients to change their physical activity and lifestyle behaviours to aid in the management of chronic non-specific low back pain.
For the learner:
- To develop an understanding of the prevalence and classification of low back pain
- To be able to determine health risks associated with low back pain• To understand the contributing factors that lead to the development of different types of low back pain
- To apply appropriate training approaches to plan and design physical activity and exercise programmes for clients with chronic non-specific low back pain
- To understand how chronic non-specific low back pain, medications, psychological/sociological factors and co-morbidities affect client’s ability to exercise safely and effectively
- To be able to support clients to adopt healthier lifestyle behaviours as part of a programme to manage chronic non-specific low back pain
This qualification provides progression to further specialist qualifications at Level 4.
Learners must hold a Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral or equivalent.
Learners must complete the three mandatory units (15 credits).
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.