Active IQ Level 3 Extended Diploma in Personal Training
This qualification aims to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training. During the qualification learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness.
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques.
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status.
- Planning and conducting of exercise and physical activity sessions, both one-to-one and with groups, within a range of environments using multiple resources.
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change.
- Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
- Nutrition for sport and exercise performance.
Learners must have some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights.
The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
Learners must complete the twelve mandatory units.
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
This qualification provides progression to:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Prenatal and Postnatal Exercise Programmes.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning