Active IQ Level 3 Diploma In Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to support the delivery of low risk activities that contribute to a physical education and school sport programme through curriculum-based and/or extra-curricular activities.
To provide learners with the knowledge to understand:
- how to communicate with children, young people and adults
- schools as organisations
- child and young person development
- how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- how to prepare for the mentoring role
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to:
- support assessment for learning
- plan a physical education and school sport programme
- deliver a physical education and school sport programme
- review the delivery of a physical education and school sport programme
- organise and lead a sports event or competition
- support gifted and talented learners
There are no specific entry requirements.
As this is a competency-based qualification, learners will need to be assessed in the workplace.
Learners must complete all 12 mandatory units (54 credits).
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.