Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to provide sports massage therapy to a range of clients who have dysfunctional tissue, without acute/post acute injuries or underlying pathological conditions.
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Assess clients and construct a sports massage treatment plan.
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction.
- Understand how to determine the appropriate techniques for specific clients.
- Apply a range of sports massage techniques and understand their effects on the body.
There are no specific entry requirements.
Learners must complete the five mandatory units (37 credits).
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.