Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
The aim of this Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor..
- Experience in gym-based exercise, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
This qualification comprises of 6 mandatory units (24 credits).
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Business Skills for Fitness Professionals.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Exercise and Fitness.